Assistant Professor of Surgery
Associate Director, Acute Care Surgery Fellowship
Associate Director, Trauma
Division of Acute Care Surgery
Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Dr. Peck earned his undergraduate degree from Cornell University and his medical degree from the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey in 2006. He completed his internship and residency in general surgery at Lankenau Medical Center in 2011. Dr. Peck completed a two-year fellowship in Trauma and Surgical Critical Care in 2013 at Emory University/Grady Memorial Hospital.
Dr. Peck joined the faculty here at Robert Wood Johnson in July 2013 and now serves as Associate Director of Trauma, Associate Director of the Trauma Performance Improvement Committee and Program Co-Director of the Acute Care Surgery Fellowship at Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Dr. Peck is also the Director of the International Trauma Fellowship, Latin America for the Division of Acute Care Surgery here at Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. He has been instrumental in the development of an International Fellowship Rotation in Cali, Colombia which serves as an invaluable operative experience for fellows in our Acute Care Surgery Fellowship program. He also serves as Co-Director of the International Trauma Fellowship and is a part of the Education Committee of the PanAmerican Trauma Society.
- Peck, G., Ferrada, P, et al. Can we augment the American Trauma Fellow’s Operative Training? The Pan American Trauma Society Fellowship: An American Surgical Critical Care Fellow’s Experience in Cali Colombia. Journal of the Pan-American Trauma Society. Accepted Manuscript 10/2013 pending publication.
- Peck, G., Burhan, U., Benz, R. Chapter 45. Low Urine Output. Surgery: A Competency-based Companion.1st Edition; Barry Mann. pgs. 355-364s; Saunders, Elsevier Inc. 2009.
- Peck, G., Buchman, Timothy. Chapter 193. The Initial Assessment and Resuscitation of the Trauma Patient. Current Surgical Therapy. 10th Edition. James Cameron. Pgs pending. Mosby, Elsevier. 2014 pending.
- Peck, G., Vercruysee G. Hemodynamic Instability Caused by Avulsed Uterine Fibroid Requiring Urgent Myomectomy. Presented at Southwestern Surgical Conference, Rancho Palos Verdes, CA., 2012. Abstract # 72.
- Peck, G., Wyrzykowski, A., Dente, C., Feliciano, D. Outcomes after Distal Pancreatectomy for Trauma in the Modern Era. Presented at Georgia Chapter of American College of Surgeons. Savannah, GA. 2012. Abstract # 3.
- Peck, G., Wyrzykowski, A., Dente, C., Feliciano, D. Outcomes after Distal Pancreatectomy for Trauma in the Modern Era. Presented at the 64th Southwestern Surgical Congress Meeting. Santa Barbara, CA. 2013 Abstract #64.
- Peck, G., Ferrada, P, et al. PanAmerican Trauma Society Traveling Fellowship; An American Surgical Critical Care Experience in Cali, Colombia.. Presented at Pan-American Trauma Society Conference. Chile, South America. Nov 2013.
- Peck, G., Gracias, V. Damage Control in Intrabdominal Sepsis. Presented at PanAmerican Trauma Society Meeting, Chile, South America. Nov. 2013.
- Peck, G. Blood is Time. Johnson and Johnson New Jersey High School Leadership Summit. Presented at Johnson and Johnson Headquarters New Brunswick, NJ. Sept. 2013.
- Peck, G., Gracias, V. Acute Care Surgery Career. Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Mott’s Valentine Lecture. October 2013.
- Mejia Toro, David Alejendro, Peck, G, Hanna, J, Lissauer, M, Gracias, V, Ordonez, C. Management Brevity in Severe Penetrating Torso Damage control Lowers Mortality. ACS-COT Region XIV. April 2014.