The Level I Trauma Center at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital (RWJUH) is proud to offer the Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS®) classes for continuing medical education for physicians.
The course provides a systematic, concise training for the early care of trauma patients. Participants will receive instruction for a safe, reliable method for immediate management of the injured patient and the basic knowledge necessary to:
- Access the patient’s condition rapidly and accurately.
- Resuscitate and stabilize the patient according to priority.
- Determine if the patient’s needs exceed a facility’s capacity.
- Arrange appropriately for the patient’s inter-hospital transfer (who, what, when, and how).
- Assure that optimum care is provided and that the level of care does not deteriorate at any point during the evaluation, resuscitation, or transfer process.
CME credit for ATLS®
As an organization accredited for continuing medical education by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education, the American College of Surgeons designate this continuing medical activity as meeting the criteria for the credit hours and category one as listed above. ATLS® has been approved by the American College of Emergency Physicians for hours of ACEP category one credit as noted above.
In accordance with the Americans with disabilities act, please advise the Course Director if you have any disability that requires special materials and/or services so that appropriate personnel can be advised.
For questions or further information about trauma education programs at RobertWood Johnson University Hospital, please call 732-418-8096.